This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] TV-connected on startup: I have no TV

Whenever I boot up my computer the 'Configure Display' manager thinks I have a tv connected and my screen looks totally messed up. How do I stop this from happening?

Re: TV-connected on startup: I have no TV

depending on your hardware you many need to use the vendors tool.. (kdesudo nvidia-settings, or kdesudo amdcccle, depending on nvidia or ati). please let us know a bit about your hardware if your still stuck.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Those commands didn't work for me. I'm not sure what hardware info is relevant, but using hardinfo I found I have a nvidia C67 [GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M] (rev a2) graphics card. Hardinfo I'm sure can answer any other hardware questions though.

Other info about my setup: running "Ubuntu 10.04 LTS", KDE 4.4.2, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 TK-55, 1gb RAM.

Edit: with both commands a small error window pops up for a fraction of a second then closes. I tried 'nvidia-settings' without the kdesudo and this is the output:
      The program 'nvidia-settings' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
      sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings
      When I just type 'amdcccle' without the kdesudo there it says command not found.

Edit2: I installed nvidia-settings and when it opens it says, "You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X server."

Comment

ok you are not using the nvidia driver and there is no nvidia-settings installed. you might want to install the properitary drivers for you video card. you do can so with jockey (look in the Kmenu) im not an nvidia user and don't know much about nvidia cards/driver. but after you install the driver you can then run nvidia-settings (and fix your display issues but kdesudo before the command so it will stay the way you set it after a reboot).

good luck
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I went into the Hardware Drivers and installed the nVidia drivers and now the problem is solved! Several other things such as switching applications with alt+tab look nicer as well.

Comment

Working...
          X