This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.5?

Anyone know if we will get a repository for the beta versions? Beta 1 is available now as source from kde.org.

Re: KDE 4.5?

> Kubuntu Ninjas (Ninjas are very nice kind of unicorn developers with code monkey abilities.)
    >> current packaging status:
    KDE 4.4.80

Maverick

The plan:...

Lucid
    • Packaging based on Maverick, downgrade depends as appropriate
      - Downgrade boost to 1.40
    • Upload to kubuntu-ninjas PPA with ~lucid1~ppa1 version
    • Copy to backports PPA

Earlier > Topic: (SOLVED) Is Kubuntu LTS Software Upgraded Over the 3 Years?
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Rog131: I think I understand. But I'm not clear on whether it's available now by adding a repository or it's on its way and I'll be able to get it soon by adding a ppa repository. Pardon me if I'm being dense. I just wanted t be clear.

Comment

Anyone know if we will get a repository for the beta versions?
        Yes, there will be a PPA repo for the KDE SC 4.5 beta packages. The Kubuntu developers are packaging the KDE SC 4.5 beta packages for the Kubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) and Kubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx).

The Maverick will get the packages as part of the normal development cycle. The Lucid is getting the packages as backported through the PPA repositories.

Current packaging status information can be found > current packaging status.

But I'm not clear on whether it's available now by adding a repository or it's on its way and I'll be able to get it soon by adding a ppa repository.
        When the packaging process is ready the Kubuntu developers are telling this through the > Kubuntu.org. There will be information what you need to do to get the test packages to the Lucid.

The Maverinck testers can follow the packaging status trough the > Maverick-changes:
        # [ubuntu/maverick] kde4libs 4:4.4.80-0ubuntu1 (Accepted) Roderick B. Greening
        # [ubuntu/maverick] kdebase-runtime 4:4.4.80-0ubuntu1 (Accepted) Jonathan Thomas
        # [ubuntu/maverick] kdebase-workspace 4:4.4.80-0ubuntu1 (Accepted) Alessandro Ghersi
        # [ubuntu/maverick] kdebase 4:4.4.80-0ubuntu1 (Accepted) Michal Zajac
        # [ubuntu/maverick] kdeaccessibility 4:4.4.80-0ubuntu1 (Accepted) Jonathan Thomas

More information (KDE) > KDE-release-team:
        - KDE 4.4.4 packages ready (try #1)
        - KDE 4.5 Beta 1 (4.4.80) uploaded for testing
        - KDE SC 4.6 Schedule
        - etc...
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks! That was a really complete answer.

Comment

Whoopee! Updates are out there. Downloading now.

Comment

Sorry! That's KDE 4.4.4 downloading now.

Comment

On kde 4.5 beta 1 packages:
                1. Phonon Xine backend seems to be broken. gstreamer works fine
                2. Tray icons for some applications (amarok for e.g.), the left mouse click fails to bring up the tray menu.

Comment

4.4.4 dropped thats far enough for me today.

Comment

Originally posted by vikrant82
                    On kde 4.5 beta 1 packages:
                    1. Phonon Xine backend seems to be broken. gstreamer works fine
                    2. Tray icons for some applications (amarok for e.g.), the left mouse click fails to bring up the tray menu.
                    Indeed. Also, Kontact doesn't work in 4.5 bèta 1 because they have postponed the bèta realease of Kontact for one month. I miss you Kontact
                    Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Working...
                    X