This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] pdanet tether no internet connection

I currently do nothave an internet connection. I would like to run pdanet off of my Droid Eris but cant find any instructional. Cannot upgrade kubuntu because of no connection. Everything must be installed/downloaded via the Droid.
    I've been Shot, Stabbed, and have been afraid for my life. There isn't much you can do to me that hasn't already been done.

Re: pdanet tether no internet connection

if you are not rooted, try easytether lite instead. It claims to work on Ubuntu, so I imagine there are setup instructions on their website...

If you are rooted, use Wifi tether for root users. Best tethering app out there for android phones.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Got the easytether software no instructions on site.
      How. Do I install this sorry for bad typing I am updating from my Droid
      I&#39;ve been Shot, Stabbed, and have been afraid for my life. There isn&#39;t much you can do to me that hasn&#39;t already been done.

Comment

start here:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/easytether/drivers.html

Download the drivers for Ubuntu and install...I haven't used this app, so I'm not 100% sure, but this seems to be a good place to start.
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Solved:Re: pdanet tether no internet connection

I have found the answers on how to get easytether to work on Kubuntu.
          First you must have the newest Kubuntu10.4, the installer package is automatic.
          Second turn on USB debugging on your Android device. Settings>Applications>Development check mark USB debugging.
          Third open a terminal and type
          Code:
          easytether enumerate
          Code:
          easytether connect
          fourth open a new terminal (DO NOT CLOSE THE FIRST TERMINAL OR YOU WILL CANCEL IT OUT)
          Code:
          sudo dhclient easytether0
          note if at anytime your phone asks you to connect broadband.or internet sharing DO NOT SELECT
          I&#39;ve been Shot, Stabbed, and have been afraid for my life. There isn&#39;t much you can do to me that hasn&#39;t already been done.

Comment

Working...
          X