This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6.10 amd64 doesn't see my LAN

Hi, This is basically to update everyone who has tried to help me with this problem.

I have downloaded and run Feisty over the weekend and yes it does see my eth0 connection. It also gives me some sound - right chanel only.

However, I can get to google which is great, but I can't seem to go to any other sites that I try. It's like it times out or something, so here I am again on windows so that I can post this update.

Could this have something to do with DNS?

Many thanks to all,

Lilac_Haze

Comment

Very interesting. I'm surprised you can get to Google. Does Google allow you to search (try something you've never searched before, to make sure you've not cached the pages)?

Don't worry about sounding like a n00b, posting in a forum such as "Help The New Guy" means that your Linux knowledge is limited. I wouldn't expect someone who knew what they were doing 100% to post in here, so feel free to sound as n00bish as you like :P. Seriously, we were all n00bs once (yes, even the people who pretend they weren't), and we all had our own problems to overcome. The thing that marks a n00b apart from a non-n00b is purely how many problems they've solved.

D1SxEyes

Comment

Hi D1SxEyes,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can search on google, but I can't open any of the links. At first the system tells me that the site has been contacted and is waiting for a reply. Then nothing.

Very Strange! I don't know if my system is blocking it or what. If it helps I connect to the internet via ethernet connection with a US Robotics SureConnect ADSL Ethernet/USB Router. But I haven't changed anything and I've never had a problem before.

Comment

¿Could it be ipv6 related?

Check this link:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/We...ct=DisableIPv6

Maybe it helps.

Javier.

Comment

Thanks Javier,

I'll try it now, and let you know.

Lilac_Haze