X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1280x800 pixel screen resolution problem

Hi,

I've seen loads of answers addressing this for ubuntu, but none (that contained information i could understand) for kubuntu. I bought an "advent 7111" computer with screen resolution of 1280x800 pixels. How should i get this to be properly rendered in kubuntu 6.10 ?

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide.

edited to add... When i copied and pasted the text recommended on the ubuntu forums into the Konsole Terminal Program, i was told that the command didn't exist.

Re: 1280x800 pixel screen resolution problem

Originally posted by carrying a concealed blog
    I've seen loads of answers addressing this for ubuntu, but none (that contained information i could understand) for kubuntu.
    For starters, could you please post links to some of those answers you are referring to? One of us should then be able to provide an appropriate transscript ("translation").

Comment

penguin.ch,

Thanks for your question. I did some more digging around, and it seems that maybe i am operating at too advanced or derivative a level with kubuntu, as quite a few threads/ webpages dealing with similar topics seem to link to the ubuntu forum. I have therefore installed ubuntu 6.10 now, and will try to solve the problem that way. I fear some will be laughing at this news though...

New thread i started:
      http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...59#post2051459

Comment

Originally posted by carrying a concealed blog
        I have therefore installed ubuntu 6.10 now, and will try to solve the problem that way.
        The point I am driving at: if the X server (configuration) were causing your problem (which is what I am assuming and your link is suggesting to me, respectively), you would not get any farther by merely changing the graphical interface which sits atop of what X serves ...

Comment

this one got fixed in the end (my username is "dr johnson" there):
          http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...highlight=7111

Comment

Working...
          X