This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After installing RealPlayer10

After finally installing RealPlayer10 with it working properly, I have the RealPlayer10GOLD.bin and RealPlayer directory on my desktop. Does anybody have any suggestions where to move these two from my desktop and still have RealPlayer10 working?

Re: After installing RealPlayer10

I tried moving theRealPlayer directory as root and Real Player did not work after that. I then moved the RealPlayer directory back to the desktop then Real Player worked again. I guess I installed it to the Desktop by default and I thought I could move it later. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to move theRealPlayer directory from the Desktop before I try uninstalling it and reinstalling it? If I have to reinstall, what directory do I install it to?

Comment

What was scary about installing RP on my machine was that it automatically marked and opened two ports in my router. I have never seen software do this. I am still not sure how it did without my password to make the changes.

This really opens up the door for someone getting in. I immediately closed the ports. I assume it was for their streaming media. Bast*rds!!

Comment

rodneyck
        Can you advise me how to find out which ports of a router are open, and also how to close them?
        Perhaps you can point to a tutorial
        Thanks

Comment

I really do not have a tutorial to point you to, but you could probably google one easily.

It depends on the manufacturer of your router. Start with their website and look for instructions for your router's brand. Once you log into your routers software through a web browser, it will most likely have a page to manually open ports (or close them). It will be several rows of blank boxes to place port numbers and beside those options to checkmark "tcp" and "udp".

Look here for open ports. Mine say "rtsp_78" and after doing a google on the net, rtsp stands for realtime protocol. Close the ports by removing the checked boxes and any others you may find.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you. That does help

Comment

Working...
            X