This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie :) with repository problem?

Hi, I'm pretty new to Linux... I just installed Kubuntu (dapper) the other day because Windows was giving me problems So I figured I'd go ahead and give Linux a shot!

Anyways I think I may have some sort of repository problem... anytime I try to update my repositories, I get weird errors like: "101 network is unreachable"... and says that update.ubuntu.com and the others are all at "1.0.0.0" And because I can't connect to the repositories, I can't download or update any of the things that I would like to. The internet works just fine otherwise.

Any help would be very appreciated

Re: Newbie with repository problem?

Perhaps "apt-get update problem" at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi....php?p=2461089 is relevant. Look towards the end for the resolution.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hmm, that does look like my problem... thanks for the link

Forgive my newbie-ness though, but how do I find out what the IP address of my ISP's DNS server is? (since it looks like that's what I need to fix the problem.) Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Pike
        Forgive my newbie-ness though, but how do I find out what the IP address of my ISP's DNS server is?
        Ask your ISP - he is supposed to know as well as to tell (you remunerate him, don't you ...).

Comment

Heh, that's what I was thinking. Anyway I did that and I've got it fixed now Thank you so much for the help!!

Comment

Working...
          X