This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using k3b

I have a few problems with k3b, especially in using it to backup my home files.

(1) How do you select a range of files or directories to drag? In Windoze, I would click the first, hold down the shift key and click the last. I can't get this to work in k3b (or in other Linux windows).

(2) Dragging sub-directory by sub-directory, one quickly fills up the target window. Yet I don't want to drag one directory over an existing one in the target window, which is easily done What to do?

(3) After dragging a big directory, I get an X in a circle. Sometimes, this won't go away until I click on a "neutral" area of the window. Why?

(4) I can't remember what this one was... Damn! It'll come back to me.

Thanks.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Using k3b

(1) How do you select a range of files or directories to drag? In Windoze, I would click the first, hold down the shift key and click the last. I can't get this to work in k3b (or in other Linux windows).
    Hmm - here dragging is working as in the windows. Tried from the konqueror to the k3b.

(2) Dragging sub-directory by sub-directory, one quickly fills up the target window. Yet I don't want to drag one directory over an existing one in the target window, which is easily done What to do?
    Are you talking konqueror ? If you are copying lot of files: Have you tried krusader ?
    Krusader is an advanced twin-panel (commander-style) file-manager for
    KDE similar to GNU's Midnight Commander(c) or Total Commander(c)
    but with many extras.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X