This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash is annoying

ok so i have bein using kubuntu for coupel weeks now, and just noticed that when i watch flash videos such as youtube, the video stalls for like 1 sec once in a while (pretty often). it ruins the video and makes flash videos look laggy.

i tried it with all sorts of flash video and even let it buffer/load all the way. it must be a problem with my flash player.

HELP. plz and thank you

Re: Flash is annoying

I have a similar problem. I've put it down to dodgy flash players. Sorry, I don't know if I can help. I can suggest downloading Flash 7, from http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...sion=Netscape4
    and reinstalling flash.

Good luck

D1SxEyes

Comment

flash plays well on firefox but I don't think it work well with Konqueror, maybe I am wrong but..
      every day is a gift

Comment

Originally posted by HymenBuster
        when i watch flash videos such as youtube, the video stalls for like 1 sec once in a while (pretty often). it ruins the video and makes flash videos look laggy.
        I'm bringing back this thread from the dead because I have the exact same problem. It drives me nuts, so much so that I've considered throwing down for a Mac.

... but I've been a die hard Linux user for the last many years and I know there is a fix for this problem if I just dig deep enough. Any suggestions anyone?

Kubuntu Edgy on an Athlon XP system (and also a Pentium M laptop).

Comment

Right click on the video, click on settings and move the slider for the cache all the way to the right. You have to do this for each web site you visit that has flash videos.

Comment

Working...
          X