This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI all

FIrst wish to say hi to all =). Its been a long time coming to linux. Ived used and using quite a few oses. CUrrently have amiga os3.5,morphos,windows ,and now im working to understand linux. My biggest problem with linux been unlearning from windows. Ive fixed to many windows systems over the year as a computer techie. Any how Really love kubuntu so far out of the other 4 distros I tried kubuntu clearly the winner. JUst have one question,. We got everythign up on my brothers computer, sound, video and aroudn midnight we downloaded the appropriate oopengl files for some reason opengl was not there. Any how goto p2p everythign checks green./ Now heres whats makign em scratch my head. in shell if I type glxgears I get the animating gears but it will not say what the fps is just wonderign why that is?

2nd problem is when runnign a game under point to play you get good sound then all of a sudeen static. Is there somethign runnign in background I need to kill whats most common cause of this? Oh and if anyone can just write down some usefull comands for me. I woudl really appreciate. Im really hating looking over 10 pages to find on command that well for an example the good old sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg that command i love =). ANyhow im quite use to shell commmands from my years with amiga so simple list of usefull commands be appreciated. Or somewhere to get an card with like the 20 most used commands and descriptions. WHich btw if that dont exist I jsut may have to have that be my contribution to linux =).

Re: HI all

let me try to answer your question about point to play. I don't think its has anything to do with a process running in the background. It is probable that the developers of cedega needs to work more for the game you are playing.

Remember that not all windows games will run in Cedega and fall those that run. expect a few glitches.

With regards to your other questions, I would try to make a tutorial on these.

You can read my blog tutorial at http://kubuntu101.blogspot.com

-Anthony

Comment

Re: HI all

thanx for the link its alot of help.

As for the cedaga thing I foudn the solution for the sound atleast for nforce 2 and nforce4 soudns cards you have to have it set full duplex and use mmap. Any how thanx again for the link mate answer like 5 other questions that i was wondering about =)

Comment

Working...
      X