This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem burning CD

My external CD/DVD burner worked fine under Windows. The Linux burners (K3B, XCDRoast) recognize it and start to burn but fail almost immediately, making the CD unusable in the process. CDRECORD gives warnings that it has problems after kernel 2.4. I have yet to burn a usable CD under linux.

Is there a solution?

-----Paul-----

Re: Problem burning CD

I had a problem where it k3b would not burn complete cd's. Only the titles would show, no content. I changed the session type from auto to close session. Then things burned properly.

David

Comment

Mine barely starts the burning process. It reports that there have been io errors (not necessarily fatal) a couple of times and then fails and kicks the disk out. It gives a hint that sometimes TAO mode (I think) solves this but it doesn't for me.

It is my impression that all the burners are just front ends for cdrecord. Is there anything that uses a different base burner driver?

-----Paul-----

Comment

Yeah,

My laptop small form factor internal cd-rw went flaky, read but not burn, problems in windoze also, so I just bought a external dvd-rw. Cheaper.

The external burns DVD +RW and +R perfectly. But it hangs up without even starting when I try to burn cd-r or cd-rw on it. K3B says, minor startup issues, probably not a problem, and then exits.

Error messages seem to imply that the changed cd-record for Debain land of Jorg's software does not support recording cd's on dvd's.

Also, Konqueror is quite flaky at recognizing the USB dvd drive. I have to power cycle it to have mc or Konq see contents of cd's or dvd's I put in.

I went with KUbuntu in part to escape rpm's and ./configure

Do I need to ./configure cdrecord from scratch, or is there something else I am doing wrong or another easy fix

peace, mark r

Comment

Working...
        X