This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laptop net problems

I've just installed Kubuntu, only my second experience with linux, and the first one all by myself. Everything is working perfectly so far except my net. "network connections" under network settings displays both my ethernet and my wireless devices. The ethernet is enabled, but I cannot get any connection out. The wireless I cannot enable. When I do, it becomes disabled after only a few seconds.

I'm using an HP dv8305us.
    What do I need to do?

Re: laptop net problems

more info:

wireless is Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
    ethernet is Realtek RTL8139/810x

I'm dual-booting with windows and I've confirmed that both connections work.

Comment

When you say you can't get any connection out, can you elaborate a little? Do you mean you can't connect to the internet? Are you plugged into a network or are you plugged directly into a router? Do you have any firewalls running on your computer?

My ethernet card is exactly the same as you, and I can connect just fine, it set it up automatically.

Let me know.

D1SxEyes

Comment

laptop net problems

I have the same problem and i was wondering if anyone could help, im using the same stuff, and the same problem is going on ie. i cnt connect to and network/internet is this to do with my firewall in windows?? im a noob so please help me!

Comment

well, the broadcom wireless at least needs installation of firmware. you have two choices - ndiswrapper or bcm43xx. the latter is preferred because it is a native driver, but not all models of broadcom's chips are supported fully. check here: http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/?go=devices

Comment

Originally posted by naverone
            I have the same problem and i was wondering if anyone could help, im using the same stuff, and the same problem is going on ie. i cnt connect to and network/internet is this to do with my firewall in windows?? im a noob so please help me!
            As above, elaboration requested.

D1SxEyes

Comment

Working...
            X