Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booting 6.06 Problems (Kernel and Hardware Drivers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booting 6.06 Problems (Kernel and Hardware Drivers)

So! I finally got my CD's from shipit and im happy. I pop the CD in, restart and get the Startup menu quickly and easily. I choose the top one and it gives me the screen with the bar and the text at the bottom. I hit a certain point and the screen changes to more console like. it continues with the NAME and the OK at the other side of the screen until... Loading Hardware Drivers... then I start seeing what its loading. And eventually it stops at a kernel fatal error. I check the disk from the startup menu, the checksums are all correct, i try to boot it in the graphical safe mode thing and it stops at Loading Hardware Drivers... I let it sit for 20 minutes at least but nothing. I try the first way again and same problem. I try another disc... same problem. Anyone know what it is or what I could do to fix it?

Re: Booting 6.06 Problems (Kernel and Hardware Drivers)

Bump, no one? please help.

Comment

Hi,

I guess you should try to add option to the start command line like noacpi or noapic, can you give it a try ?

Hope it helps

Comment

Ok, how would I go about doing that? I know it would involve editing the iso but where exactly? Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I don't really know if the live CD start from grub, but if yes, you have to edit the file :
          /boot/grub/menu.lst

You should add these options to the kernel line...
          Sorry I don't know really more about editing a live cd as I always preferred to get linux installed on hd.

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
          X