X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aMule & the mounted partitions

Hi,

recently I faced the following problem: while using aMule on Kubuntu Edgy 6.10 I couldn't download files. the aMule gives me the following error (for all part-files):

Code:
     2006-12-29 22:57:53: CFile: Error when opening file (/media/sata_ii/Emule/Temp/026.part.met.backup): Read-only file system
    2006-12-29 22:57:53: FileIO: Error on file copy. Can't create destination file: /media/sata_ii/Emule/Temp/026.part.met.backup
    2006-12-29 22:57:53: CFile: Error when opening file (/media/sata_ii/Emule/Temp/026.part.met): Read-only file system
    2006-12-29 22:57:53: ERROR while saving partfile: Failed to open part.met file (026.part.met ==> Eon.Flaks.(Rus).SEED-team.&.ShareReactor.ru.avi)
    as I understand there is something dodgy with my fat32 partitions. as far as I know I don't have problems viewing, opening and writing files & directories to these two partitions (sata_1 & sata_2). My fstab:

Code:
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # <file system> <mount point>  <type> <options>    <dump> <pass>
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    # /dev/hda1
    UUID=d9978468-bc28-4ef0-8513-a25038247a76 / ext3 nouser,defaults,errors=remount-ro,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 1
    # /dev/hda5
    UUID=9ce7ea9b-3850-416c-a16b-0703b4c3e0eb none swap sw 0 0
    # cdroms
    /dev/hdd /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,atime,noauto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 0
    /dev/hdc /media/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 user,atime,noauto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 0
    # fat32 partitions
    /dev/hdb1 /windows vfat iocharset=utf8,umask=000 0 0
    /dev/sda1 /sata_1 vfat iocharset=utf8,umask=000 0 0
    /dev/sda5 /sata_2 vfat iocharset=utf8,umask=000 0 0
    I would really appreciate your help as my knowledge does not yet allow me to sort out the issue.

Re: aMule &amp; the mounted partitions

Max,

at first sight, what makes me wonder is that the error messages obviously do not match the file system table you posted: while the latter indicates /sata_2 as mount point, the former refers to /media/sata_ii ... therefore, would you please post the contents of /etc/mtab as well - to check who is right, so to speak.

HTH
    Birdy

Comment

Originally posted by penguin.ch
      Max,

at first sight, what makes me wonder is that the error messages obviously do not match the file system table you posted: while the latter indicates /sata_2 as mount point, the former refers to /media/sata_ii ... therefore, would you please post the contents of /etc/mtab as well - to check who is right, so to speak.
      Yes, I used my previous question from the other forums and the partitions firstly were mounted as /media/sata_i & /media/sata_ii & /media/windows. Then I remounted them to /windows /sata_1 and /sata_2. So I've got the same errors but with the newly mounted partitions. Now it looks like this:
      Code:
       2006-12-29 22:57:53: CFile: Error when opening file (/sata_2/Emule/Temp/026.part.met.backup): Read-only file system
      2006-12-29 22:57:53: FileIO: Error on file copy. Can't create destination file: /sata_2/Emule/Temp/026.part.met.backup
      2006-12-29 22:57:53: CFile: Error when opening file (/sata_2/Emule/Temp/026.part.met): Read-only file system
      2006-12-29 22:57:53: ERROR while saving partfile: Failed to open part.met file (026.part.met ==> Eon.Flaks.(Rus).SEED-team.&.ShareReactor.ru.avi)
      aMule is accessing the real partitions and is trying to write to the existing directories, the new ones which I can view, execute and write. Just in case (maybe it might help) as you have asked I provide my /etc/mtab:
      Code:
      /dev/hda1 / ext3 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
      proc /proc proc rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
      /sys /sys sysfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
      varrun /var/run tmpfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,mode=0755 0 0
      varlock /var/lock tmpfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,mode=1777 0 0
      procbususb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
      udev /dev tmpfs rw,mode=0755 0 0
      devshm /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
      devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
      /dev/hdb1 /windows vfat rw,iocharset=utf8,umask=000 0 0
      /dev/sda1 /sata_1 vfat rw,iocharset=utf8,umask=000 0 0
      /dev/sda5 /sata_2 vfat rw,iocharset=utf8,umask=000 0 0
      I would be glad for everything you might suggest.

Comment

This evolves into something interesting 8)

- What values are ownership (e.g. "root.root") and permissions (e.g. "rwxr-xr-x") of the folder (!) /sata_2 set to? Dito for the folder in question (i.e. /sata_2/Emule/Temp)?

- What happens if you try to manually access the folder(s) in question, e.g. touch /sata_2/test.file as well as touch /sata_2/Emule/Temp/test.file?

HTH
        Birdy

Comment

- What values are ownership (e.g. "root.root") and permissions (e.g. "rwxr-xr-x") of the folder (!) /sata_2 set to? Dito for the folder in question (i.e. /sata_2/Emule/Temp)?
          /sata_2 -- root.root -- drwxrwxrwx
          /sata_2/Emule -- root.root -- drwxrwxrwx
          /sata_2/Emule/Temp -- root.root -- drwxrwxrwx
          /sata_2/Emule/Incoming -- root.root -- drwxrwxrwx

- What happens if you try to manually access the folder(s) in question, e.g. touch /sata_2/test.file as well as touch /sata_2/Emule/Temp/test.file?
          /sata_2/Emule/Temp -- I am able to access the folder, view the contents, copy file into it, open the file, modify it and save againg the file.
          /sata_2/Emule/Incoming -- the same as previous
          /sata_2/ -- the same but a bak file has been created.

Comment

In this case I feel tempted to assume that eMule is the culprit (for your folders look good to me) you may check the application's configuration (or ask someone using the very same software - sorry, but there I have to fold ...).

Birdy

Comment

Penguin.ch - anyway I want to thank you at least for your wish to assist. I'd better go now to aMule directly.

Comment

Working...
              X