This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB wireless not working

I have a Netgear MA111 USB wireless adaptor conected to my laptop through a USB port (Duh). Windows connects just fine. I just installed KUBUNTU 6.06. The wireless shows in NETWORK SETTINGS, even says it's connected, but not in WIRELESS ASSISTANT. Web browsers don't go anywhere! Needless to say, this was posted in Windows! Is there any information on setting this up? I've tried every possibility I could think of. I've since tried more and found that the connection in NETWORK SETTINGS is my unused ethernet port. I followed the links to linux-wlan, but this isn't something I can handle. I can't even figure out how to access my Windows partition. I had hope to use Linux to get away from all the viruses my firewall doesn't catch in Windows. But it looks like I can't even get to the Internet in Kubuntu until the drivers for basic hardware are included.

Re: USB wireless not working

It appears that NIC requires ndiswrapper. Do a little googling and you will some information on setting it up. For my money, I would go ahead and load Edgy 6.10 so you are on the latest.

Comment

Working...
    X