X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use amarok playlists

I do not understand amarok playlists.

Add Playlist asks for a playlist name and location. I give a name and the same name as a location. (So where does that go?) After specifying the location, the name has been changed by having /home/jon/music/ prefixed to it. At this point, no such file exists.

Then I do Add Media to select some files (on my windows partition) to go into the playlist. They appear in the right-hand playlist window, but not in the LH one. To get them there, I have to do Save Playlist and re-enter the same information again, which seems unnecessary.

I do not understand what is happening here. What should I be doing and why?

In addition, the amarok handbook is extremely minimal.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: How to use amarok playlists

Go to settings -> configure Amarok and select collection, there you can select the folders which contain your music. Amarok will scan those folders and add the files to your collection. Once added to the collection if you double click a file it will be added to the right hand window, or you can go to the playlists tab and create a playlist based on title, artist, album, random, etc. That playlist will be saved automatically or you can save it the way you were doing it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I think I know what you mean, when manually creating a play list, once you go through the steps you have done, you got to click the 'save' tab beside the 'Add' tab, and go through the saving part again, and then it will be saved. I wonder why this is, but thats how it works for me.

Comment

Do as the other guy mentioned. Setup the collection to read from the directories that contain your music. In linux this folder is updated on its own when the dir contents change or u can select "re-scan collection" from drop down menu.

Once u do that select all the music u want from the collection tab and then right click and append to playlist. If the playlist window was empty on the right side then u have a brand new list. Then all u have to do is "save playlist as."

If you want to update the playlist just append any other songs from your collection into the playlist and then re-save it.

Have fun!

Comment

Oh yeah ..., I don't know why I have this thing against those collection scanning, automated typestuff, but I just tried it now, and thats where it's at. Awsome,

Comment

I tried the collection setup method and am delighted with it. The only way to go.

Thanks, all.
            'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X