This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to order/sort amarok playlists

My amarok playlists are in a very confused order and I'd like to sort them or be able to move some up or down. I can't find out how to do this.

Help,please.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: How to order/sort amarok playlists

Well, you can just grab them and move them up or down, but apart from that I don't know either

Comment

The way Amarok behaves on my machine is it places new playlists right under whichever playlist is currently selected. Then, when you completely quit (no icon on the taskbar), it saves them, and sorts them in alphabetical order.

It's a little annoying, because I have to remember to quit completely whenever I add playlists. Else, if I log off without quitting Amarok, it'll forget the new ones.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

However, I have stopped and started amarok (even across boots) countless times and it never sorts anything. By the time I have several tens of playlists in random order, I'll never be able to find anything.

Also, it will not allow me to drag a playlist ot another point on the list.

More help, please.
        'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

The only thing I can suggest is to rename each playlist to your liking, maybe even create subfolders if that would help. I do not see anything on this on Amarok's wiki or forums or in their docs.

Comment

I just found it! At the top of the playlists window, there is a little pointer just after the word "Playlists". Click on it, not on the word "Playlists", and you sort alphabetically in one order or the other.

Took me so long, I'm feelin' a little dumb. Thanks to all for your sugestions.

Comment

Working...
            X