This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror Ownership & permissions

How can I use Konqueror while logged in with a nonroot user name to change the ownership and permissions of a folder/s or a file/s that is/are owned by root? Is there a way to sudo root & then use Konqueror to simplify the process of changing the owner & permissions of a folder/s and a file/s? or am I stuck using the command line to change the owner & permissions for multiple files in a directory?

TY in advance.

Re: Konqueror Ownership & permissions

You can run Konqueror with sudo by entering 'kdesu konqueror' in the Run Command applet on the main menu (or by typing alt-F2). This can also be used to make a menu item or desktop shortcut

Comment

Your tip worked! Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
        You can run Konqueror with sudo by entering 'kdesu konqueror' in the Run Command applet on the main menu (or by typing alt-F2). This can also be used to make a menu item or desktop shortcut
        How do I make a shortcut that will load a Konqueror "view profile' that I saved earlier? I tried to create a shortcut, but it wouldn't work & whenever I load Konqueror with the default link, it always brings up a default view (i.e. not the custom view that I saved). I'd like to combine what you suggested with 'kdesu konqueror' and autoload the custom profile that I have saved. Do you know how I could do that?

TY in advance.

Comment

that one is a little different.
          The command is 'kfmclient openProfile <name-of-your-profile>', add 'kdesu' if needed

Comment

Re: Konqueror Ownership &amp; permissions

Originally posted by claydoh
            that one is a little different.
            The command is 'kfmclient openProfile <name-of-your-profile>', add 'kdesu' if needed
            Thanks! That ^ works well with Alt-F2. I made a shortcut on the desktop by using the Create_New | Add Link to Application with the string 'kdesu kfmclient openProfile A1' and it opens a Konqueror window with the correct profile, however, it doesn't prompt me to input a password like the alt-F2 start procedure does. That seems like a Konqueror security flaw. It's of no great concern to me however, because I'm the only person who is using this system

Thanks again for your help!

p.s.: Where can I find the tips that you showed me? I looked in the Konqueror handbook/guide & I didn't see such information.

Comment

Working...
            X