This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

q#2

There are now two versions of Kubuntu! The newest Kubuntu version, 6.10 features the latest technology and is supported for 18 months. However, some users would prefer to continue usning Kubuntu 6.06 LTS, which includes long-term support.

what is the support length mean. is it a trial period or a tech support feature?

Re: q#2

After a certain time the only updates will be security updates. I have not tried EDGY but I here it's a little buggy. Some say to just wait for Feisty final. If your new I would stick with Dapper. It's very stable and there is alot of users out there to answer questions.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Re: q#2

Originally posted by will c
      what is the support length mean. is it a trial period or a tech support feature?
      The support length is the time that you'll be able to get security updates on that release (via the online repositories)

So after the support time expires for a release, it's time to upgrade to a newer release if you wish to receive further security updates. Of course you can update to a newer release before the time expires if you wish to get the new software & features included in the newer release.

Dapper as an LTS (long term support) release will be supported for 3 years (was it 3 years for LTS :P), until June 2009...Edgy will be supported for 18 months, until April 2008.

Comment

Working...
      X