X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X Windows System

Hey..

When I try to compile packages, I got error that my system misses the X Windows System.. How can I copy it??

Thanks..

Re: X Windows System

I think I didn't explain myself well.. So, I downloaded some packages (like Skins and software) that are compressed.. When I extract it I will have to write ./configure ... in the beginning this process wrote that it was an error because I don't have the c++ (so I installed the g++) and then it passes the C++ step.. Now, it say that the X directory in missing.. what is that?? can you help me on this
    I did a little search in google and got that the package name is X Windows system.. how do I install this package?

Thanks..

Comment

It means that you don't have the X Window System development files (headers and/or libraries) needed by whatever you are compiling. You need to install the xorg-devpackage to get this.

If you're also compiling KDE or KDE-related apps, you would need to install kde-devel as well.
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

where can I find those two packages?

Comment

They are in the repositories, so you can easily download them with Adept or apt-get. xorg-dev is in the main repository, while kde-devel is in the universe repository.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
          X