X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with FAT drives

Hey everybody..

I'm a new user in Linux, when I installed it, Kubunu asked me to patrition my hard drive, so it installed to a new partition. Now, when I try to delete some files that are in the partition where windows was I got a message that I can't delete anything there, I can copy and read files, but I can't work on that partition (like deleting some windows files)..

how can I deal with this case?

Thanks..

Re: Working with FAT drives

if its FAT filesystem then u should be able to read/write on that hard drive but u say
    Originally posted by thesword
    I got a message that I can't delete anything there, I can copy and read files, but I can't work on that partition (like deleting some windows files)..
    this is what i get when i try to delete any file on my hdd but i have  NTFS filesystem on those.So its really wierd because ppl that have windows and linux on same box, they usually have a fat partition so they can move programs/stuff from linux to windows (i had fat32 partition i could write on that partition from linux). So i'm sorry that i didnt give u a solution but like i said do u have a FAT partition? because if i'm not mistakeing if u install windows xp and u get to the format partition u gave only NTFS filesystem(maybe i'm wrong i havent installed windows for a while)

Comment

Re: Working with FAT drives

yes yes, it was my mistake, I have a NTFS file system there.. sorry.. I found how to do it in: http://www.psychocats.net/linux/mountwindows.php

Thanks alot

Comment

Working...
      X