This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox Craches-Help

hey guys im new to linux, i finally fiugured out how to install firefox 2.0 but it closes imediatly on certain sites. there are many sites that cuase firefox to close but one that i can remember right now is myspace. the myspace log in page cloases my firefox. ( www.myspace.com ). im thinking its something on the page that firefox cant display bc the konquerer browser can display withought any problems. i dont realy wanan use konquerer bc firefoc comes with so many plugins im used to.

plx help me fix this problem,
    thx

Re: Firefox Craches-Help

I checked the link from you post, but on my machine (Kubuntu 06.10 up-to-date), Firefox (Version 2.0) refuses to crash ... maybe you should try to re-install Firefox?

HTH
    Birdy

Comment

yea i reinstalled it couple of times, it just keeps crashing. maybe its a plug-in im missing? java? flash?

*edit; the site i posted didnt crash for me either, the excact link is this: http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...b-c2f3b7484986

o yea also this site makes it crash: http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/07/01/1940236

^^ that is a RSS page, if that has anything to do with it

*edit again: after some testing im pretty sure its the flash content thats crashing my firefox. i remember installing macromedia flash player plugin b4 though...

Comment

ok thx for the help, i fixed it now by installing bunch of flash stuff, idk wut excactly fixed but it works now

Comment

The most common cause of firefox exiting suddenly on certain sites is that they contain flash, and you have the flash plugin installed but your video color depth only set to 16-bit. The flash plugin requires 24 bit depth color.

This can be altered in the etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

x

Comment

Working...
          X