This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Kubutu

First of all, I think Kubuntu is GREAT. Enough so that I built a machine just for running Kubuntu. However, I first tried it on another computer and now that it has it's own machine I'd like to SAFELY remove it from the first machine, Can anyone give me a little guidance.

Also if you're feeling really helpful, how on earth do I get Amarok to add music to a collection that is stored on a Windows computer. Network is working fine, just don't know how to get Amarok to use files stored on a network computer.

Thanks to ANYONE !

Re: Removing Kubutu

A definite way to get rid of data would be to boot from an external system (aka "live system", read: running from CD/DVD), launch GParted (a so-called partition editor) and let it delete and/or reformat the harddisk in question - and wave goodbye to your data 8)

However, rewriting the master boot record is different thing ... you may issue the following command (assuming that hda is the disk to be cleaned-up): sudo if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1

Remark: if there are other systems and/or data you want to keep, please backup / export them first - for afterwards, you will no longer be able to ...

HTH
    Birdy

Comment

Working...
    X