X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot see USB memory stick and USB external HD

Hallo,
    I have a problem. Whenever I insert a USB memory stick or my external USB HD, their icons appeared on the desktop and on the storage media folder. Today when I connected them nothing happened and now I do not know how I can mont them manually.

Could you please help?
    tx
    Marco

Re: cannot see USB memory stick and USB external HD

Hello,
    I've had a similar problem in the past, there are a couple ways of attempting to fix it. One way is to open the Konsole (K menu -> System -> Konsole Terminal Program) and to attempt to mount all devices. This can be done by typing:

sudo mount -a

(you will have to enter your password) that will attempt to mount all devices available in /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab. If that doesn't work, you can attempt to use the integrated partition manager (K menu -> System Settings -> Advanced [upper left] -> Disk and File Systems), and make sure that your device is showing up in that. If it is, then click on the "Administrator Mode" button in the bottom right corner, and enter your password, then select your device, and click on the "Enable" button on the lower bar, to the left of the "Administrator Mode" button. That should fix it. If not, try looking in the Ubuntu support forums, or searching online via your favorite search engine. Good luck in attempting to fix it.

Comment

Re: cannot see USB memory stick and USB external HD

thanks I will try
      Marco

Comment

Working...
      X