X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPG mystery, English Dictionary?

Two questions:

1. I deleted a bunch of pics on the flash card in my Nikon camera, then took a dozen or so new ones. When I looked at them on my XP laptop all was OK, but when I tried to view the pics in my linux/Kubuntu the deleted pics were still there, while I was unable to find any of the new ones!
    I presume this is because of the way XP renames to delete, but how to deal with deleting and how to find the new pics I suppose I could reformat flash card but is there a better way to really get rid of old pics?

2. Is there a Kubuntu-ready English dictionary somewhere? I see dictionaries for translation, but not a basic English one?

Appreciatively,
    Steve

Re: JPG mystery, English Dictionary?

Never heard of this. Are you going to a directory that's on your computer? Are you getting any backup folder mixed up with the mount location for the drive?
    The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

I simply plug the flash card from my Nikon KoolPix camera into XP and am given the option of downloading or viewing the pics, which are the ones I just took (the deleted ones are not there at all, or at least not indicated). When I plug the same card into my desktop linux/Kubuntu the pics I had deleted appear, along with system folders that Nikon uses - no sign of the new pics.

Comment

Where do you want the Dictionary to be? There's a generic one at KMenu>Utilities>Dictionary. If you are looking for an English spellchecker that is a different matter
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

There's no dictionary in my system there under "Kmenu->utilities->dictionary, or anywhere else under the other Kmenu options. How can I find it?

Comment

Hmm. Do accept my apologies. I have Kubuntu, Ubuntu and Xubuntu desktops installed and it may be part of gnome-utils.

If you have Synaptic Package Manager do a search for "English Dictionary"
            "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
            "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
            X