X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Flash Player

Hello Wonderful Kubuntu community,

My name is Roland and I'm new to both Linux and Kubuntu. Currently I'm running Kubuntu from a live CD. I downloaded Flash Player and a shell script popped up which informed me at the end of the script that it had been installed successfully but after restarting the Konqueror browser, Flash Player still doesn't take. Is this because I'm using a live CD or is there an easier way for a newbie like myself to download and install Flash Player?

Also how do I enable shadows around the boarders of windows and applications as seen in the screen shots at KDE.org? Is there something else to download or will I just simply have to install the live CD and then go to system preferences?

(Sorry for posting in two places. I wasn't sure which spot was most appropriate)

Re: Installing Flash Player

I recommend you download Flash Player 9 Beta. Once the archive is on your hard drive, just unzip it and move it to the Firefox installation directory, into plugins subdirectory, or into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and link it with previously mentioned plugins subdirectory. This is how I do it and it works OK.
    In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

Working...
    X