X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

characters maps and window fonts

Hi,
    I moved recently from windows and I cannot find in Kubuntu something similar to the character maps, in order to copy and paste symbols like Angsrom (the A with the o on top). Can anyone help me?

Also sometimes i create pdf files that cannot be opened properly in windows due to fonts problem. How can I install windows fonts on Kubuntu?

thanks guys,
    Marco

Re: characters maps and window fonts

Character Map: KMenu>Utilities>Character Map

More fonts inc. Windows see http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_E...ll_Extra_Fonts
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

thanks a lot everything works. The only problem is that the program Origin 7.5 that I installed with cross office still doesn't see these fonts. Do you know by chance how to tell cross office to see these fonts?
      thanks
      marco

Comment

I just use Open Office, and it sees any newly installed fonts. I've never used cross office.
        The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

Sorry I misspelled something. Crossover is a program to use windows program in Linux environment. If I use windows programs like Origin 7.5 (to plot, analyse, fit data) trough Crossover, it does not see the new fonts installed. That is a problem for me.
          I did not menage to solve this problem yet.
          Best,
          Marco

Comment

Working...
          X