This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't save document to removable store

I recently was using Kubuntu 6.10 , but found a few too many bugs so I have gone back to a fresh install of Kubuntu 6.06.
    Previously on Dapper as well as Edgy, I inserted my USB storage media flash stick and was able to save Open Office word documents without any problems.
    But after reinstalling 6.06 after insering the USB media flash stick I am able to read trhe media on it but for some reason it won't let me save and media to it.
    I get this error. 'Saving using protocol "media" is not supported.

In open office I choose save to the location of media:/sda1/stories/
    what is wrong?

Re: I can't save document to removable store

Not sure if this is relavant, but when I have used SUSE, I had a simular problem with FAT partitions on my HD, in the end I found an article wher I had to setup entries in fstab and it then worked, you might want to try googling to see if there is anything simular you need to do, but it does sound strange if it worksed ok previously.
    Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Comment

Working...
    X