This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing File structure in Konqueror

Sorry for what is probably a very elementary question.

I've been trying to browse my file structure in Konqueror . It shows the folders OK but if I try to view the files in the folders it opens a page in Gwenview iimage viewer, rather than listing the files in that folder. How do I get it to show the underlying files?

Wade

Re: Viewing File structure in Konqueror

I'm a semi-noob (3 weeks' experience with Edgy). I have found Krusader to be a far superior file manager/viewer than Konqueror -- it has menu items for "make directory" and "permissions" editing, that you will soon need. Also, it installs both a "supervisor" version, in the System menu, and a "user" version in the Utilities menu, so you can pick your poison regarding how you need to use it. (Don't do like me and use the supervisor's version to restore your backed up data files, or you'll find as a user you don't have permission to open them, so then you have to go through them and change the permissions back to your user name ...).

To get Krusader, I recommend you first install Automatix2. Krusader is a utility that is offered on the Automatix2 menu. Automatix2 for Edgy can be downloaded and installed by following the instructions here:

http://getautomatix.com/wiki/index.p...e=Installation

When you try to install Automatix2, you may get a complaint about certain packages not being present on your system, like Tango-extras and gksu. Read the names of the ones that it is looking for, then use your Adept Package Manager, scroll down and choose to install the ones you're missing, and let it install them. Then go back and install Automatix2 by right clicking on the downloaded file on your desktop, and choosing "Install with adept manager" or whatever that menu item is (I'm presently at the office on a Windows machine ...).

Automatix2 will install in your System menu. When you run it for the first time, you'll get warned about the legalities of media codecs, and then it will open and you can click through the tabs to see the offerings. Firefox and Krusader are two that you should take for sure -- others might be interesting to you.

That's my advice -- good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
    X