This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.10 Power management laptop centrino

Hello ! I'm very new on Linux & Kubuntu and on this forum !
    I'd like to install a power management program, but I don't know anyone on Linux.
    By power management program, I mean a program that clock up/down the processor depending on the use (it's a laptop with a centrino) because I have a lower autonomy than with window (a half)
    Thank you very much for your answers !

Re: 5.10 Power management laptop centrino

Originally posted by Tibo
    Hello ! I'm very new on Linux & Kubuntu and on this forum !
    I'd like to install a power management program, but I don't know anyone on Linux.
    By power management program, I mean a program that clock up/down the processor depending on the use (it's a laptop with a centrino) because I have a lower autonomy than with window (a half)
    Thank you very much for your answers !
    HI:

I'm running one on my Toshiba laptop but it only works in Win2000 and XP. I'm not sure but I don't think there is a comparable program to do the same thing in Linux. At least I haven't heard of one. Kubuntu 5.10 handles ordinary power management much better than other distros I've tried, it even controls the thermal fan correctly. But as for processor speed up and speed down, it doesn't do that. Regards.

Comment

Ubuntu/Kubuntu installs powernowd by default. This should take care of things automatically, lowering the cpu freq when there's no load. And yes, it also works with Intel CPU, the name is a wee bit misleading.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers ! I'll try it as soon as possible !
        I'll tell you if it works well on my asus V6V

Comment

The best way to do that is to contribute to the Ubuntu Laptop Testing Project.
          It's easy, just go to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTesting for instructions.

Cheers,
          Dominik

Comment

Working...
          X