X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to translate KDE?

Hi.

Just 've installed Kubuntu. While the process I've set russian language, but after install KDE was still english and even hadn't russian keyboard layout. Maybe there was my mistake.
    How can I translate front-end now? I think there should be some packages with other languages than English.

Thanks

Re: How to translate KDE?

Click on Kmenu>System Settings>(Personal) Region and Language

Click on the top tab (Country/Region and Language) and choose Europe, Eastern>Russia

Click on KeyboardCountry/Region and Language Layout and choose Russia

Remove any language and keyboard layout yo don't need.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
      Click on Kmenu>System Settings>(Personal) Region and Language

Click on the top tab (Country/Region and Language) and choose Europe, Eastern>Russia

Click on KeyboardCountry/Region and Language Layout and choose Russia

Remove any language and keyboard layout yo don't need.
      I already did this. I want to translate all menus, messages and all KDE environment.

And another question: is this possible to set switching keyboard layout to Alt+Shift (like in Win)?

Comment

AAAAAAAAA!

In trying this out I changed everthing into Crylilic Russian, which I don't read or understand. (Icons/little pictures=good)

Do eveything above AND click on KMenu>System>Language Support. Change the default language to Russian...
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X