This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beryl doesn't start

Hi, I have beryl installed with nvidia beta drivers. I want to make it start when I log in. I 've been usingo ubuntu and wanted to try kubuntu (and I am gonna stay); but theres isn't a way to make that. In ubuntu there is a System/preferences/sessions (and you can add programs to load when loggin in). How can I do this in kubuntu?

Re: Beryl doesn't start

I would like to know too. I've been wanting to do this.
    The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

I installed Beryl with NVidia beta driver and it did start when I logged in. I followed the instructions on the Beryl wiki site at http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index....tu/Edgy/nVIDIA

Unfortunately the site has been down due to a server crash and their information is depleted.

I thought that I had failed and should stop. Then I noticed that the NVidia screen, which flashes up for a split second, was different. I had succeeded in installing the beta drivers.

From my memory there was a slight difference between Ubuntu installation and Kubuntu installation.

It still didn't go until I added repositories to Synaptic and downloaded necessary files through there.

I kept it for a few days... OK it looks pretty...but what is it good for? I removed it.
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Simply go into .../.kde/Autostart/ folder (I cant remember what comes before that, might be /home/username/) then right click -> add link to application -> then in the third tab along enter beryl-manager in the "Command" and name section.

Sorry for the rough guide, i'm not at my kubuntu computer at the moment.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try this.
          The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
          X