X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing kubuntu over another Dist.

Hi,

I have a dual boot right now (WinXP + SUSE 10.1). I just downloaded kubuntu and would like to use it insted of SUSE. How would i go about deleting SUSE or replacing it with Kubuntu?

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,

Re: Installing kubuntu over another Dist.

Hey, that is an easy question. Just install it, period. I think that the easier way to do it is using QTparted which comes with the live disk. Once you have the live cd up and running choose QTparte. When you open it up you are going to see the windows and linux installation in on your screen. choose to delete the linux installation. After that, try the instalation. An option is going to come up to either delete the entire hard disk and install kubuntu or choose the largest empty space to install it. Choose the second option. There you have it.
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply. I will try this QTparte (Don't know it yet lol), you are right my only problem was how to delete the old linux partition so i can install kubuntu on it

Thanks again

Comment

Even simpler is to just point the installer to install Kubuntu to the same drive that Suse is on, it will format it for you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.. I thought it was this easy but when i choose to manually partition during the installer i was surprised that i wasn't sure which partition is for Windows and which one is for SUSE lol

I used QTparted and deleted the partition nicely, and then installed kubuntu on the new empty partition

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
          X