X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w32codecs

Hi guys

I've just installed kubuntu edgy and I having trouble installing w32codecs I've downloaded the tar.gz and extracted it but I'm unsure what to do now. I have had a look through some other threads but nothing seems to work.

Re: w32codecs

Thats a hard way to do it. Probably the easiest way to get w32codecs and lots of other multimedia stuff is using automatix2 - you can get it here

http://www.getautomatix.com/

Comment

Cheers mate, all working now

Comment

i dont even understand how to install that when i go to the site and go to install it says to type some stuff into a terminal. What is the terminal. is that the run command?

Comment

Easier (and more recommended) method:

Go to http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/w/w32codecs/ and download the w32codecs_20061022-0.0_i386.deb package.

Once it's downloaded, open up Konqueror and go to the directory where you downloaded it. Right-click on the package and select Kubuntu Package Menu -> Install Package.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

The terminal is called Konsole. It's located in
            Kmenu (The big K button on the task bar)
            System
            Konsole Terminal Program

It's just about impossible to get Kubuntu fully configured without the terminal, but now that I'm set up I hardly ever have to use it.

Automatix goes a long way to getting your rig fully set up, especially if you have a Nvidia video card.

Comment

I downloaded and installed the package as described above. When playing certain WMVs with Kaffeine, the audio is out of sync (delayed with > 1 s).

Comment

Working...
              X