This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Half-Life

Hi! My first post here, I am a new Linux user using Kubuntu Edgy.

I installed Steam and DLed HL through steam, I was having sound issues, but I resolved that by using automatix to download the audio codecs I was missing. But since I fixed the codecs I have been having a problem. I run HL but I can only see the top-left corner of the screen, so I cant see any of the buttons.

This migt have been caused by me playing with the video setings before I used automatix, HL chrashed and I had to reboot.

I have tried reinstalling both Steam and HL, but to no avail.

Any help would be great!

-Victor "DoW" Moore

Re: Problem with Half-Life

Assuming you are using wine and not cedega, I would suggest deleting/renaming your wine directory (It's a hidden directory: /home/<your-username>/.wine) and starting over with a fresh wine setup. Also installing the package msttcorefonts might help as well. That way you will start with a clean slate in terms of sound and video.

It is sometimes like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer, but wine can be finicky at times. HL1 should run very well once you get it set up, however. If you have not downloaded a lot of content yet, the clean slate may be the quickest way to go as well

Comment

Thanks! Will try tomorow! Right now its bed time...

Comment

Thanks! That worked.

Comment

Working...
        X