This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Documentaion missing?

I've had search around and can't find the answer.

When I'm in Adept (Edgy) and I hit F1 for help nothing happens, same if I try menu/help/handbook.

Have I missed installing the help files? - cant find them in package list.

Can someone give me a clue.

thanks in advance

{was trying to figure out why I can 'purge' a program but not it's data files (for a multiple line entry)}

the answer is probably obvious, but for a noob......

Re: Adept Documentaion missing?

1. Adept documentation doesn't exist yet. The documentation team says that they'll probably make one for the next release. (Not that there's a lot to document about a semi-working app anyway).

2. What do you mean by "it's data files"? When you purge a program, it removes the program and its configuration files in /etc or other places, but not the configuration files in ~/.kde.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

1) so it's doing _exactly_ what it should - that's a relief.

2) I was uninstalling xmoto and there are two packages associated with it (the main game and it's data files).
      I selected "xmoto-data" to purge but the only option available for xmoto was remove. Thinking I should be able to purge both, I decided to consult the help files to (try and) determine what was going on..

I wanted to see if purging the data file 'automagically' purged the main program, or if i should always just purge the main and remove the the data files (so any clarification on that point would be welcome)

thanks

Comment

Try setting xmoto to purge first before setting xmoto-data to purge. Sometimes it does it like that. Why? I don't know :P
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
        X