This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/apt/archives

I installed ubunut 5.10, installed all the multimedia packages (gstreamer etc) and then did an apt-get kubuntu-desktop.

I've played with KDE for a while and find it better than Gnome (Just a personal preference, please don't start THAT argument again:-)

I decided to do a clean install of Kubuntu to get rid of the clutter in the menus and my HDD (not much space left).

First thing I did was copy my ../apt/archives to a spare partition thinking I could copy them back after the install and update my system (multimedia etc) from the archives instead of downloading them all again.

I guess my question is, can I just copy the archives back and they will be picked up in the package manager? and is this dangerous, should I just get ndiswrapper working and do it 'properly' from the repositories?

Thanks

Mark.

Re: /apt/archives

Untill you enable the same repositories in you new installation and perform an apt-get update, you can't use those files, but, BUT, if there is any new version/release available of thoses file on the repositories, apt-get install will d/l the new one instead of using the old one.
    cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Working...
    X