This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Edgy -- Superkaramba widgets?

So, I wanted to install Liquid Weather (and potentially other themes for Superkaramba.) Although I did read that Superkaramba should be included in this version of KDE, I could't find a shortcut for it (dunno if I should even be able to), and quick check of Adept listed it as not installed. I wasn't sure whether the lack of it being shown installed via Adept was significant, since (in my noob brain) it seemed possible that it was otherwise integrated into one of the core KDE packages.

However, I stumbled across khotnewstuff as a way to get Liquid Weather, and presumed that it wouldn't let me add Liquid Weather from that interface if I couldn't do anything with it. I then used khotnewstuff to install Liquid Weather, and it indicated that installation was successful.

However, I don't know how to start Liquid Weather OR Superkaramba, and I can't find any obvious (to me) way to do so. Do I have to explicitly install Superkaramba? Is there something else I'm missing?

TIA!

Re: Kubuntu Edgy -- Superkaramba widgets?

Originally posted by JJZ109
    Do I have to explicitly install Superkaramba?
    Yes, install it from 'universe' (with adept) and you should be on your way

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a shot when I get home.

A followup question -- one reason I didn't already try installing Superkaramba was that I was concerned what would happen if it had been included in one of the standard KDE packages. Are those types of concerns even valid in the Linux world?

Comment

I also had problems with Liquid Weather. I loaded gDesklets for now (for weather). here is a link to what I did.
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=11318.0

Comment

If something is installed with the core packages, it is also considered a seperate package in itself. Kubuntu doesn't come with ALL of KDE. Find the KDE package and install it through adept. You will see it is un-installed. Install it.

Installing something that might be already installed will NOT harm your system.
          The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
          X