This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change permission of my mounted HD's

Hello everybody, new Kubuntu user, switched from Fedora, and that's why I have a problem.

All my hard drives have the user permission from fedora which is 500 (I think) So how do I change that into the user on Kubuntu, which should be 1000

I have 3 hard drives,

sda1 40gb / sda2 110 gb
    sdb1 160 / sdb2 120 gb
    USB drive sdc 120 gb

I want to change permission for all files and folder on those hard drives.

Thanks for all the help

Re: Change permission of my mounted HD's

Originally posted by MarzioDance
    Hello everybody, new Kubuntu user, switched from Fedora, and that's why I have a problem.

All my hard drives have the user permission from fedora which is 500 (I think) So how do I change that into the user on Kubuntu, which should be 1000
    I don't know what this means. I thought permissions only go up to 777?
    I did this, but I don't remember how. I think I just right-clicked on the drive, and went to Properties. There's a Permissions tab, and a box you can check that says "Apply changes to all subfolders and their contents"
    Note that if any of your drives are NTFS (the new Windows filesystem) you won't be able to write to them no matter what you do.

Comment

User Id is 500, and Kubuntu use 1000 for user, that's what I mean

Comment

I assume they are all linux native filesystems? Try opening konqueror as root with 'kdesu konqueror' and under properties of those partitions, change the ownership/group to your kubuntu user (recursively).

Or did I miss something in your post?

Comment

Thanks, that did the it. I'm used to doing it the root account, so it's new to me using sudo/kdesu.

Comment

Working...
          X