This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-insall Windows ME

I've installed Kubuntu, but now wish to test my website in IE. I've user the Windows ME recovery disk, but it still boots to Kubuntu.

How do I stop the bootup loading Grub so that ME loads?

Pease help as I've spent ages trying to get this to work.

Thanks

Re: Re-insall Windows ME

You don't install it with dual boot??

How do you do the Kubuntu install?

Comment

Ugh. ME.

Don't do it. There was something on the internet a while ago about installing IE on Linux. Let me find the link for you.

edit: http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

But you also need Wine. Enable all the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list and apt-get wine. Then you can use IEs4Linux.
      The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by alfadaemon
        You don't install it with dual boot??

How do you do the Kubuntu install?
        Originally it was a dual boot, but I'd installed Linux without the internet connected and could not download any software, so I inslalled it again. This resulted it Linux being installed twice so I thought I'd repartition the drive and remove the first installation. Unfortunately the PC froze and I was left with a corrupt harddrive. I managed to get Linux back on, but not Windows ME.
        Have now got ME working. Just needed 'fdisk / mbr' to fix the mbr.
        Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Tynach
          Ugh. ME.

Don't do it. There was something on the internet a while ago about installing IE on Linux. Let me find the link for you.

edit: http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

But you also need Wine. Enable all the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list and apt-get wine. Then you can use IEs4Linux.
          Thanks, I'll try this if all else fails.

Comment

Even if you reinstall Windows, I DO NOT reccomend ME. Install 2000 instead. ME was terrible, even to Microsoft.
            The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
            X