X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to Firefox 2.0

OK, I was trying to upgrade to Firefox 2.0 according to the instructions on
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxNewVersion

However, it didn't transfer my bookmarks, etc. like it said it would.
    Since I didn't want to have 2 versions of Firefox on my computer, I used Adept to uninstall it, thinking it would get rid of the old one (since that's the one that shows up on its list).
    Apparently, that was the WRONG thing to do, because now when I try to run Firefox, I get this error:

"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Unfortunately, restarting doesn't do any good, and top doesn't list it as a running process!
    I've tried installing from the script, uninstalling, re-installing, etc....nothing seems to help.

I'm running Dapper Drake.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Upgrading to Firefox 2.0

Sounds like you did everything. I'd be scratching my head too.

My only suggestion is probably dumb, but try doing a search (Find Files/Folders) for Firefox or Mozilla. See if there is anything there your not seeing. Sounds like there is something there for it to give you error messages.

Just a Newbies thought on it.

Comment

Re: Upgrading to Firefox 2.0

Your bookmarks should have been touched. They live in /home/pulpfile/.mozilla

Unless you deleted that folder, all your Firefox settings should have stayed.
      Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Working...
      X