This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screensavers don't start automatically

My screensavers work fine when I am at the configuration screen and click the "test" button. Even the little preview window displays all of the screensavers fine. In addition I have the "start automatically" in 10 minutes button selected, but no screensavers start automatically. My monitor will switch off after 30 minutes according to my power saving settings but no screensaver will activate in the meantime. Although, after 10 minutes of idle time, when I return to the computer it will prompt me for my password (as I have set it to) but there is no screensaver actually running. Any ideas?

Re: screensavers don't start automatically

Hi, if you are running KDE, the update to 3.5.5 has addressed some of these issues. I have found that setting screen saver priority to high helped. Try the KDE 3.5.5. upgrade, or at least look into the issue of screensavers. Sorry I am not much more help. Have upgraded to Edgy since and all systems go.

Comment

For some reason I can't change the priority for my screensaver. It is set to low, but if I change it to either medium or high and click "ok" and then "apply" it just resets back to low. Strange. I am planning on upgrading to Edgy Eft in a few weeks so that may fix the problem anyway, thanks.

Comment

I am using Edgy and had a similar problem. I tried all the solutions from other threads dealing with xorg.conf and priorities and no luck . I did however manage to get my screen saver working by enabling power management from the system settings.
        System Settings --> Monitor & Display --> sign into administrator mode --> goto Power saving tab --> check Enable power saving set time for what ever you desire.

Comment

This worked great....thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X