This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not abke to hear anything

I am able to hear the test sound and warning sounds(does this mean my sound card is detected i think so)but i am not able to hear any mp3 or mpeg sound waht should i do
    and how should i check that my system is able to play a linux compatible sound format.
    please help
    sud

Re: I am not abke to hear anything

I am also new to Kubuntu, but a few weeks ago when this same thing happened to me, I checked the "Mixer" and made sure that things were activated properly. Right click on the volume icon in the taskbar(?) and click "show mixer window".

On the "Output" tab check all your volume sliders, one or more of them might be turned all the way down. While you're at it, check the "Switches" and "Input" tabs and make sure that what needs to be checked and turned on...is turned on. By default many of these options are NOT on or are turned all the way down....in any case, it won't hurt to take a quick look. If this is not the problem, post again, there's a lot of helpful people around here with a lot more knowledge on this than I. Hope this helped you out some.
    Nightcrawler

Comment

Re: I am not abke to hear anything

Hi,
      if the above reply does not work, open KCd player select the options and and check the box for digital play back.

Regards John

Comment

Working...
      X