This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck at 98%

Yeah so im a long time Windows user coming over to Linux and someone tole me about Kubuntu.

What my problem is when im running the installer it gets stuck at 98% and says this
    "Creating ext3 file system for / in partition #1 of IDE slave (hdb)"

Now i have tried restarting and trying again but thats not working.

Some of the other things goign wrong are.

when i start up the Start or install kubuntu thing from the visual menu it starts up and then just either sits at a blue background doing nothing or it gets to the kubuntu loading screen and then goes back to the blue background.

now would this be a problem with my disc or the hardware.

(Im running AMD 64 Bit and i have the proper ISO burned with the right programs nd it still seems to be buggy)

Also it doesnt freeze it just stays there but i can do other things with it like use the Internet software and change my background and stuff.

Thanks you in advance
    KUCody

Re: Stuck at 98%

Im on the computer with the kubuntu problem and this is what it gave me after it failed installing

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/ubiquity", line 130, in ?
    install(sys.argv[1])
    File "/usr/bin/ubiquity", line 55, in install
    ret = wizard.run()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ubiquity/frontend/kde-ui.py", line 308, in run
    self.progress_loop()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ubiquity/frontend/kde-ui.py", line 531, in progress_loop
    ret = dbfilter.run_command(auto_process=True)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ubiquity/filteredcommand.py", line 128, in run_command
    self.start(auto_process=auto_process)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ubiquity/filteredcommand.py", line 45, in start
    self.db = DebconfCommunicator(PACKAGE, cloexec=True)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/debconf.py", line 125, in __init__
    write=self.dccomm.tochild)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/debconf.py", line 48, in __init__
    self.setUp(title)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/debconf.py", line 51, in setUp
    self.version = self.version(2)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/debconf.py", line 60, in <lambda>
    lambda *args, **kw: self.command(command, *args, **kw))
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/debconf.py", line 81, in command
    status = int(status)
    ValueError: invalid literal for int():

Comment

Try partitioning the drive yourself. Go to the Kmenu, and I think it's in "System", there's a program called "Qparted". Use that to partition and make your own drives so the error doesn't have a chance to show.

Comment

Well i was going to try what you said and partition the drive myself but now kubuntu doesnt even start up from the Disc so i think that maybe i will Try another version..

(My Specs are AMD 64 Bit With 2600 - 3000 + GHZ (I think 2800 To be exact)
        Also its running On a Biostar Mainboard :P G7 i think is the series

So if anyone could post the best version for me to use that would be great.

Comment

Hello

May be u should check the installer media that u install Kubuntu from (may be a CD or DVD).
          And check your hardware compatibility with the version of Kubuntu. Please ask uncle google..^_^
          CMIIW

Comment

Working...
          X