X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery life and fan control

Hi there,

I've been using Kubuntu for a few days now and run into some stuff i cant fix myself or think a reasonable answer for.

I use a Laptop, Acer TM4152Lmi (centrino 1.7ghz, 512mb, 40gb hd, 15", intel915gm chipset, onboard video i915)
    I have set powermanagement.
    No power == powersave,
    Lid closed == ondemand,
    power == performance,
    battery critical == powersave + cpu throttle 25%

First: What do the individual profiles do? i cant find any docs on it...

Second: When i unhook the powerfeed from the laptop. Why is my battery life "only" 2-2.5 hours. While when im on windows its almost 5 hours?

The only reason i can think is because the fan and/or harddisk are not properly powered. The monitor dims a bit, and even the cpu is throttled.

Third: (there are a million topics on this one!) the fan keeps spinning at app. 50-75% of its speed and never slows down or speeds up.
    I tried a load of topics and install some software. LM-sensors does not detect any sensors. and when i do acpi -t on the concole it tells me there is no support for thermal sensors. While most certainly this cpu does support it. (it works on windows!)

So im wondering if there is another program to detect sensors and manage fan speeds but lm-sensors. I did a search but didnt find anything. sadly .

Maybe anyone of you can clearafy some things and give some tips.
    Thanks a bunch!
Working...
X