This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation is going badly!

I booted kubuntu from CD and started the graphical install application. When I got to the part about preparing disk space I clicked the "resize partition 1 and use freed space" radio button. I clicked "next". It waited a few seconds and then I got a message that said "failed to create enough disk space for installation." I clicked OK and the pop-up went away, so I decided to try the partitioning again. I waited about an hour and 45 minutes, but then I got tired so I decided I would sleep with the computer on. After I woke up, I came downstairs, checked the computer, and it was still partitioning!
    I'm scared that if I kill the partman process something bad will happen to my hard drive, but should I press the cancel button and abort the installation?
    Also, QTParted is installed onto the liveCD, so if I abort, should I use that?
    Thanks for your help!

**update**
    someone turned off my computer, so I had to turn it on again. I booted from CD, and QTParted shows nothing wrong with my partitions, but Kubuntu isn't installed. I'm gonna see if Windows boots.

It does boot.
    I'm gonna try to install again but with editing the partition table
    That worked. Kubuntu is now safely installed on my computer .
Working...
X