X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvidia dualview

hello,

im having a bear of a time setting up dual view with the nvidia glx driver. im using the latest kubuntu 64bit edition. my vga is a 6800 Ultra PCI-E.

i installed the nvidia driver with automatix2 but when i went to enable the settings and enable the configuration from adept, the gui wouldn't load after i logged out then back in...had to load the backup config file from the command line to get back.

so...where should i start? does anyone want to see my xorg config file? any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Re: nvidia dualview

i have the same problem here....

Comment

Re: nvidia dualview

Automatix is generally a bad idea - it was discontinued early on this year, and generally regarded as a breaker of systems. (See the Wikipedia entry for more).

To install the correct nVidia drivers, it is recommended that you use a program called envy (in fact, "envy-ng") - this is apt-gettable from the Ubuntu universe repository.

Once you've done that (and do search these forums if you'd like a howto) you should find options in the nVidia X Server Settings app (under System in the menu) that will let you configure dual-screen options.

hth

Comment

Working...
      X