X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mplayer has no video just sound

Hi,

When I go to the daily show comedy central website there's no video only sound. Do I have to install w32 codecs to make it work. Pls. help me also on installing adobe flash. Thank you..

Re: mplayer has no video just sound

this can be caused by libraries i've noticed on windows, so i imagine it can be the same here, you see not all avi are actually the same, they use difrferent resources and stuff, same with mpeg, i highly recommend vlc (also known as video lan), ha i liked them before they were well known, but ya vlc fricken plays every thing, and is more loose about playing things, you have a greater chance of getting it to work with it, or xine is good too, but vlc is my best recoomendation, i gave up on some programs after a few minutes when easier and better alternatives exsist, you should be able to install it from the add/ remove package manager, if the universe channel is enabled

Comment

I had a similar problem where mplayer wouldn't play the sound on some of my video files. Turned out mp3 support wasn't installed.
      The way I got it to work was start Amarok (the kde media player) with a mp3 song. It asked me if I wanted to install support for mp3, and I answered yes.
      Don't know if your problem can be solved the same, but it's worth a shot.

Regards,<br />Ke&#039;Chara

Comment

I don't know if this could be the case, but I had a similar problem with mplayer: it was a missing codec problem.
        I had deleted the empty (for me) check if the dir is empty
        Code:
        /usr/lib/win32
        and substitute with a link to /usr/lib/codecs
        Code:
        sudo ln -s /usr/lib/codecs /usr/lib/win32
        after that I have no more problems (in fact the w32codecs was in the codecs dir, not in win32

Comment

Working...
        X