X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My live CD crashed!!!

Help! Please!!!
    My live CD that I downloaded crashed.
    It shows the bootmenu options, then it boots the kernel, shows loading screen, it crashes, it shows me the No Warranty screen and crashs to a screen of unintelligable lines!!!

Re: My live CD crashed!!!

Note:
    My PC specs are the following:
    Pentium III 800MHz
    64MB SDRAM (can add upto 192MB more if you count the unreliable RAM)
    8GB Hard Drive FAT32 and 20GB HD NTFS
    Sound Blaster 16
    Belkin Wireless G card
    ATI rage 128 pro AGP card

52x24x52 CD-RW drive
    I am trying to switch from Windows 98SE to Kubuntu 6.06

Comment

It's possible that you're live CD is defective. Did you check the md5 sum of the iso before burning it? Did you use an md5sum checker to compare the md5sums of all the software on the burned CD with the values that were listed on the CD? Take a look at {url=https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM]this HowTo[/url].

However, I suspect that your computer just doesn't have enough (reliable) RAM.

Comment

Hi,
        I think you will find that Askrieger is correct the problem is the available RAM. However if you are trying to install from the live CD and not run from it you can install using the Alternate CD, this requires less RAM. Do not be put off by the text install it is simple and I'v always found it to be more reliable.
        As you have an ATI video card (as I have) you may find that when you install and boot for the first time you are presented with a blank black screen because the correct video driver has not been installed so before you install do a search on the forum for instructions for installing the ATI driver, if they are not clear or you cannot find them to do ask or drop me an email.
        There is also a distro called I think Damm small linux that has a very light weight core designed to run from CD on limited resorces if you want to run from a live CD.

Regards John

Comment

Working...
        X