This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having problems running the LiveCD >_<

One of my friends turned me on to linux not too long ago, and I'm interested in getting my computer to dual boot with Kubuntu. Eventually I plan on switching over to Kubuntu completely, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I have a very basic knowledge of some console commands, having run a Linux server for various things through SSH. I dont really know much terminology though, so please bear with me.

Anyway, I downloaded the Athlon64 LiveCD (my CPU is a 3500+) and tried booting from it. After the initial loading screen, where it lists everything that is being loaded, I come to another, identical loading screen and it hangs. I ran the... thing :-X to check the CD for errors, and it was fine. I tried the X86 version of the LiveCD as well, with the same results. I also tried Ubuntu, and it gave me a very similar problem.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I really want to try this out, and am not to excited about any other distros.

Re: Having problems running the LiveCD &gt;_&lt;

Hi

What specs do you have? Any "unusual" hardware?

Comment

No, nothing really unusual. I have a heavily upgraded HP desktop.

3500+ Athlon64 processor
      X800PRO video card
      1 gig value ram
      200gb HD

Nothing is overclocked or anything, either.

Comment

yeah i am getting a similar problem too. I am using Knoppix live CD (well actually DVD) and it gets hung at the first few lines of bootup commands.

I have an HP laptop with turion 64 chip. 1GB RAM. 128 ATI video card. 80GB HD....

I'm guessing we might have like problems since we have the 64 chip.

Comment

Working...
        X